Monday 14 March 2011

When I Grow Up - Love, Animals & Bugs



Julia (Miss 4) has a beautiful book called "No Matter What" by Debi Gliori. I bought it some time ago as I just adored the sentiment behind the words in the story - and well, let's face it, I wanted the book for myself.

"I’m grim and grumpy," said little Small,
"and I don’t think you love me at all."
"Oh Small,” said Large, “grumpy or not,
I’ll always love you, no matter what."

"If I were a grumpy grizzly bear,
would you still love me?
Would you still care?"
"Of course,” said Large. “Bear or not,
I’d always love you, no matter what."

It's become a game (and a good one for the car) for me to say something like "Would you still love me if I were a giraffe? - I'd be too tall to kiss". Julia then replies, "I'll always love you, no matter what. I'd get a ladder and climb up to kiss you".

Julia brought the book to me today and pointed to a picture inside. "I want to be just like this one, Mum", she said. I took a closer look. The cartoon-style picture is of a large green bug, sitting at a dinner table, slurping soup through a long proboscis. "Why would you want to be a bug?" was my immediate question. "So I can eat soup all the time", was her reply.

Don't grow up too soon, my gorgeous child.

When I Grow Up
Deluxe Personalised Children's Book
$21.50 each with free shipping for delivery within Australia only.
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!