Tuesday 5 July 2011

Listography - 5 things I'd like to do this summer


Once again I'm joining Kate Takes 5 for Listography - temporarily hosted by Reluctant Housedad.

As it's winter in Australia right now, I don't have to plan very much for summer until later in the year. But I do have a few ideas in mind...



1. Christmas with my family

The family came to my home last year, so we're off to my brother's house this year. It's not very far to travel, just 3 hours to Sydney. Julia (Miss 4) is looking forward to spending the time with her cousins.



2. Swimming with Julia

Last year I had plans to visit the local swimming pool frequently as Julia loves to swim. I don't really know what happened, but we only made it to the pool a few times. Maybe because it wasn't a very hot summer and the time just seemed to fly past. This year I'd like to get to the pool a little more often.



3. Scrapbooking

I have several scrapbooking projects on the go which haven't been touched for quite some time... I'd love to get back into it. Maybe now that Julia is older and absolutely adores crafts, she might like to create some projects of her own. We could scrapbook together!



4. Sleep in

I'll be looking forward to a few weeks of lovely lazy lie-ins. Julia starts school next year so I'll be rising early five days a week instead of just two days for preschool this year. Eeek!



5. Watch Harry Potter with Julia

Julia loves Harry Potter. I can't tell you how many times she has watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I have promised that she can watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when she is 5. I haven't seen it for ages either, so we'll make some popcorn, crank up the air conditioning and watch it together.

It sounds like a wonderful summer!

If you would like to join in too, please take a look at Kate Takes 5!

Handmade children's ponchos, scarves & lots more
Available now from Mini-Me Handcrafts.


Personalised Children's Books
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.

3 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking! What a fantastic idea, what a great thing to do with the kids. I'll do some of that with my three this summer. We have so many photos and drawings etc but they all just get stuffed in a drawer and forgotten. Your list is great. Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your fifth one has inspired me to do the same with my five-year-old.
    Have been wondering if he's old enough - but to be honest, many of his cartoons are creepier and a lot more sinister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, cram in all the lie ins you can before we are forced out the door for the early (9am, seems early to me!) school starts. I plan to do that too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!