Monday 27 June 2011

Calisthenics - a beautiful sport

Julia (Miss Four) started Calisthenics this year. She has been practising really hard, and in the lead up to her first competition, she practised every day.


We had to wake up early on Sunday morning... so early that it was still dark and even Julia agreed that it was still night-time. My first attempt at a bun was halfway decent (I think), thanks to copious amounts of gel and hair spray, and about a hundred bobby pins.

All those hours of practice were totally worth it... Julia had such a fun time in her first competition with her team. Huge thanks to her coach Kirsty, team assistants Chelsea, Sam, Caitlyn and Jess, team manager Nicky, and everyone else who put so much work into making the day such a success for all the girls.


Why do I like Calisthenics so much? Because it promotes teamwork, encourages physical development and co-ordination, and takes a series of routines set to music and turns them into beautiful performances.

But it's also something I did as a girl. This is me with my sister.


If you'd like to find out more, please take a look at Calisthenics ACT if you are in Canberra like me, or Calisthenics Australia for more information about Calisthenics in other states.

Handmade children's ponchos, scarves & lots more
Available now from Mini-Me Handcrafts.


Personalised Children's Books
Available now from Jelly Bean Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!