Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Gallery - Easter


Joining Sticky Fingers for The Gallery ... the theme this week is Easter. 


The Easter Bunny always leaves treasures to find... and the Easter Egg Hunt is anticipated with glee by Julia each year.

Julia's first hunt was three years ago when she was just Little Miss 3. I had to guide her around the back garden so she could find the eggs that the Easter Bunny had left for her.

Last year I wasn't expecting a hunt, until a few days before Easter when Julia, then Miss 4, let me know that was what the Easter Bunny did every year. Mr Bunny hopped very quickly to the shops and stocked up! This photo is taken after that hunt... Julia is very pleased with her egg treasures!

This year the Easter Bunny left puzzle clues which Julia (now Miss 5) had to follow until she found a basket full of eggs. It was a bit more of a challenge this year as she had to read and decipher the clues herself. She loved the hunt and managed with very little help from me.


If you are looking for some inspiration for next year, these are Julia's Easter hunt clues. You can download or print this sheet in pdf format here. Enjoy!

Christine xx

13 comments:

  1. These are great. I just hide mine all around the place, and then forget where I put them!!
    I never did a single egg hunt as a kid as far as I know....it's great to create memories for your little ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I, but the Easter bunny always left a big Easter egg in my cereal bowl :)

      Delete
  2. This year the Easter Hunt got put aside in favour of building a Easter Bunny trap... no bunnies were trapped but a little bit of fur seemed to get left behind.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Easter bunny! As long as it was only a little bit of fur... a naked Easter bunny could get very cold hopping around at this time of year :)

      Delete
  3. I love the clues - I never had an egg hunt as a child nor do I remember anything being said about the Easter bunny, I had plenty of chocolate eggs though but Im going to do an egg hunt next year for my son. I've even 'pinned this post to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the clues, Emma! I did get some ideas and a little help putting them together from various places on the internet, but the dodgy poetry is all mine :)

      Delete
  4. Nice, I might save it for when my Miss will be old enough to read and have an egg hunt! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just printed to use for my kids this Easter, they are 5 and 7 and will go nuts over this. Usually they just have to find eggs that have been thrown, I mean dropped on the back lawn lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I hope they have fun hunting for eggs this year!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this adorable scavenger hunt, my daughter will love it! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda, I hope you have a lovely Easter break too :)

      Delete
  7. Do you still have these? The link isn't working! I would love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin, I have updated the links so you can download all 3 of my Easter files from 2012, 2013 & 2016. Enjoy!

      Delete

I love to read your comments!