Monday 16 April 2012

Then and now

My Mum and I went on a fantastic holiday together a few years ago. Our first stop was England, where we stayed in London for a week, then hired a car and travelled a bit of the country. One of the first places we visited outside London (once we managed to get OUT of the city) was Stonehenge. 


This is my photo of the eerily beautiful stones. 


And this is me. I am listening intently to the audio tour. This is about as close as you can get to the stones. But it wasn't always like that... 


Here is a picture of me and my mum visiting Stonehenge in 1969. How fascinating to be able to walk amongst the stones! 


Unless your name is Griswald. Have you all seen European Vacation? This movie still makes me laugh every time I see it! 


For anyone who is stonestruck, I recently stumbled across a somewhat unusual little blog that you may enjoy... Clonehenge: A blog about Stonehenge Replicas. Take a look at this post about a miniature replica Stonehenge at Cockington Green, in Canberra. This place is well worth a visit if you are travelling through my neighbourhood.

Dare I say it?... rock on!

Christine xx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the bad navigation, Chris! Boy it was COLD & windy on the Wiltshire Plain - we really didn't have the right clothes in 1969. I'm glad that you didn't suffer permanent pneumonia!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!