Joining with Kate Takes 5 for Listography again this week. Kate has come up with a good one with the help of Fab 40: 5 reasons I know I'm a...
Oh - the endless possibilities! I'm just going to go with the first thing that came to mind. I am proud (and lucky) to be an Australian. If you met me, here's how you'd be able to tell...
1. I say "no worries" a lot, in conversation and in writing (mostly on Facebook or email). It usually means "no problems", "that's OK" or "she'll be right".
2. I maintain that Vegemite has its own food group. The salty black stuff tastes great on toast or sandwiches and is perfect for squeezing through Vita Weats to make little Vegemite worms.
And what's a vegemite & cheese scroll without the vegemite? See The Organised Housewife for a simple and yummy recipe - thanks Katrina!
3. I grew up with Playschool and now so has Julia (Miss 5). Big Ted, Little Ted, Jemima and Humpty will forever be a part of our childhood memories. This television program has been going now for 46 years and its popularity hasn't waned a bit. While the hosts may change, the format remains mostly the same with stories, singing, dress ups and games.
Sing it with me:
There's a bear in there
And a chair as well
There are people with games
And stories to tell
Open wide, come inside
4. I can "Slip Slop Slap" with the best of them. The latest version has two extras - "Seek and Slide". All so vital in the Australian sun. For those who may be lost, the translation is:
Slip on a shirt
Slop on sunscreen
Slap on a hat
Slide on sunnies
5. I have been known to drink my tea (or milo) through a Tim Tam (also known as a "Tim Tam Slam"). Or just demolish a packet of Tim Tams in one sitting.